As a cosmetic practitioner, you should no underestimate the interest online criminals might have in your business, or the chaos a cyber incident could cause.
You should consider cyber cover if you:
- Hold sensitive customer details such as names and addresses, medical information, photographs and treatment consent forms
- Have a website
- Are reliant on computer systems to conduct your business
Then your business could be vulnerable to a data breach or loss of vital business services.
Our cyber and data liability policy offers comprehensive protection for your business and the benefits include:
- Practical support in the event of a data breach including forensic investigations to find out what went wrong and confirm whose data has been put at risk, legal advice, notifying customers or regulators, and offering support such as credit monitoring to affected customers;
- Compensations for loss of income, including where caused by damage to your reputation, if a hacker targets your systems and prevents your business from earning revenue;
- Payment of the costs associated with regulatory investigations or claims for damages made against you to keep customers’ personal data secure. We will also pay civil penalties levied by regulators (where allowed);
- Reimbursement for the costs of repair, restoration or replacement if a hacker causes damage to your websites, programs or electronic data;
- Liability protection if you mistakenly infringe someone’s copyright by using a picture online for example, or inadvertently libel a third party in an email or other electronic communication